Modern Console Tables
Once you invest in a console table you’ll find it a really helpful addition to your home. Its that great ledge where you can either enhance and decorate your room by creating a focal point. It will often provide much needed space for essentials like keys, clocks, and phones. Perhaps use in a dining room to give you extra serving storage? A console table will offer a place for plates, glasses or bottles to be on display.
They are practical, useful and can be beautiful too! When choosing what sort of console table you want, have a think about the room you it’s going in and how you’ll use it.
Modern Contemporary Console Table
A modern console table can work well in classical settings too as long as you get the styling balance right. You can create a sort of eclectic look. If you have enough space in your home it might be worth considering console tables with storage for an added space saving bonus.
We have just brought out a stunning modern glass console table with chrome legs called the Tiva glass and chrome console table. What is so great about this slim glass console table, is that it has such a simple design and being glass it is really perfect for almost any room in your home. This is because it can easily blend with your existing interior schemes.
The glass top console table is wide enough to provide a good surface whilst not taking up too much space. We were amazed at how versatile the console table was and decided to style it two ways to give you ideas and inspiration. We’re going to show you how you could use a small glass console table in your home. Whether you are looking for something decorative and feminine, or perhaps a more dramatic masculine look. Either way we hope this inspires you to see where in your home the Tiva could work for you!
A glass hallway table creates a perfect ‘stage’ for creating a dramatic entrance to your home and our lovely Tiva console provides a great surface for decorative objects. So with a plain white wall, we decided to use some colour and developed a strong pastel scheme. Based around an abstract painting that we used as our starting point, we feel this is punchy, without being too overpowering.
We created the look by using coloured glass on the transparent table. Then we gently built up the colour until it reached the striking abstract print. Finally, we choose to use a fairly elaborate twig to balance the harder edges of the chrome. While working with the softer colours this creates a really harmonious balance. We finished off the look by adding a strong patterned rug in complimentary colours. This will really help the table stand out and the accessories above feel more connected.
A Monochrome Moment:
A console table doesn’t have to just be used in a hallway. It can also provide an ideal place to either store useful things in any room, create a display or create an extra surface for whatever you like. We thought it would be great to use the chrome and glass combination in a more masculine setting to show how versatile the Tiva console table can be.
Using a stylish monochome black and white palette punctuated with hints of inky blue this look is graphic with an urban style about it. Black and white framed prints add height to the console table area creating more impact. We also have the boldly patterned vase which creates a strong focus and combines well with the rug. We always use some sort of foliage when styling tables as it adds life to the other more static accessories.
9 Styling tips for your Tiva Console Table:So, when you decide that you need one of these little gems in your life, here are a few tips to consider when it comes to styling your Tiva console table. (oh, and by the way, if you are thinking of one of these for your dining room – don’t forget to check out our stunning Tiva dining table incase you want a matching set!).
- Consider changing the paint colour of the wall behind the console table. This will help to create a more dramatic, stylish look.
- Does your flooring look plain? Have a look and see if you need to enhance the setting with a new rug to create more impact.
- Think about your colour scheme. If you want to blend and combine patterns, as long as the colours are the same tones and hues they will mix perfectly without clashing.
- Create height by either using something tall on the surface or use the wall behind to hang artwork. This is key, as it will help you frame the area and turn it into a focal point in your room.
- Try to use some sort of foliage as it will breathe life into your arrangement.
- If you have the space, think about expanding your console display area. We did this by using a floor standing lamp, but a tall plant would work equally well. By extending the arrangement, you’ll give it more substance in the room, whilst freeing up the useful surface area for other things.
- If you want to stack books on the console but still want to create an attractive selection theres a few things you could try. Our top stylist tip is to either remove the dust jackets to see if the colours work nicely. Otherwise simply turn the books around so that the white pages are on display rather than the spines. Don’t forget to choose an attractive simple book to sit on the top.
- Always group things in three’s. It really IS the magic number! If you want to know more, read a previous post here for more information.
- Remember that you can also use the space under the console table, but always style it neatly. Boxes and baskets can give you more storage and add to your setting. By choosing colours which blend with your chosen look will help create a effortlessly cool area.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more