Have you ever wondered how to achieve an effortless ‘designer look’ in your home? What is the trick to giving your living room coffee table the kind of makeover you see in your favourite interiors magazines and what about finding out what sort of things to put on your coffee table.
Well, believe it or not, there is actually a styling science to creating the effect. As usual, we are going to share our decorating tips with you, so that you can recreate the look at home. The trick of creating a naturally styled look is all about how you put your accessories together and what you combination of objects you choose.
Coffee tables are a great surface to style and decorate. However all too often can end up looking like a dumping ground for mugs, remote controls and paperwork. Same as an unmade bed, a messy coffee table top instantly makes a room look cluttered, unloved and certainly won’t be winning any style awards.
Give your room a quick spring clean by clearing the clutter. Plump up your sofa cushions, get rid of the opened, discarded letters, old magazines, coasters you never use and Lego figures currently littered all over the coffee table top. With a clean slate you are now ready to begin your masterclass in coffee table styling. Following these coffee table decorating tips, you’ll soon see how you are using the surface to enhance the style of your home.
Coffee Table Display Ideas!
So, if you feel that you have got the coffee table styling bug, perhaps its time to take it to the next level. Coffee table arrangements within your coffee table styling! These hints and tips can be adapted to all tabletops, so are not just coffee table décor ideas! Decorating the top of a coffee table is easy! It is essentially a square, rectangle or a circle and depending on its size there are a few options for the placement of your accessories. I’ve divided them up into style types. Have a look and see which one suits your table and give it a go!
This is quite an art and involves styling all corners of your table. Play with different objects, art, books etc but keeping them visually equally weighted. A centrepiece can also help pull this look together ,so go and have a play with your design ideas!
Contain your Groupings:
Sometimes if you have some small things that you want to display, it might be worth grouping them on a tray? This way they have more impact as a group. This idea would also work by using a shallow large bowl (especially on a round coffee table ). This is also an ideal solution if your coffee table has an uneven surface. Above all, this will give the objects more substance and helps them show up properly by ‘framing’ them.
Less is More:
As with all styling, be it fashion or interiors, this rule always applies somewhere. It could be that your coffee table just needs a small simple boost. Perhaps just a lovely stack of books with a decorative topper? Or maybe a beautiful arrangement of flowers in a simple vase.
The Line Up:
For longer, larger coffee tables try lining up piles of similar accessories. It could be a low stacks of books, a small bowl and a few stand alone objects like pebbles or shells to combine the look. Try to create groupings that are either the same colours and tones or have the same theme.
Follow this simple guide to create a beautiful coffee table arrangement:
P.S. If you love these ideas but don’t have a coffee table to style…why not improvise? Have a look around your home for tables/storage trunks or stools and group them together. Release your inner stylist and start dressing your tablescape!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more