Storage is such an important aspect of the home. It allows us to show off or hide away our items. It gives everything a home and will keep anything we do not wish people to see, out of plain sight. With ample storage you can create an uncluttered, minimalist environment, without the need to sacrifice your things to achieve it.
If you are fighting to find space at home to store all your bits and pieces, and can’t bear to part with anything, why not have a look at some inventive storage ideas that we have found on the web.
Here are 2 brilliant storage ideas for your stairs.
This inventive stairwell was designed and built for a top floor flat in a London town house.
The stair treads are made from solid Oak, and provide shelves that wrap around 3 sides of the space. Books fully line the shelves and create a miniature, library-esque style environment.
This proves that even in a small space you can create a lot of storage. Click Here to see the full article about this ingenious staircase.
This second example of stairwell storage, uses just the space, normally wasted, under each step. By inserting a drawer under the tread, and using the riser as the drawer front, you can create large, easily accessible storage.
Unlike the idea above, this hides your items away, rather than putting them on show. The drawers themselves are so discreet, that you wouldn’t even notice them unless you knew they were there.
These ideas could be easily adapted, on a smaller scale, for your home and really help to keep your space clean and clear. The perfect solutions for your clutter needs.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more