With Instagram becoming an amazing source of interior inspiration, more and more of you are creating home accounts and getting stuck in with a rapidly growing community of interior lovers. But how do you get that Insta-worthy bedroom shot without spending thousands on re-decorating (or having enough followers to get everything gifted to you)?
We’ve got a few tips and inspiration from some of our amazing customers, plus some insider secrets from our Stylist to help you create that Insta-worthy bedroom.
Chic and Subtle
The first style we’re looking at is super easy to achieve and requires little more than a simple velvet bed and a muted feature wall.
Choosing a great quality headboard with subtle detailing is the key to creating a calming bedroom interior. Our Turin and Paolo Beds both have super soft velvet upholstery and subtle yet very effective details.
The Turin has a neat pipe around the headboard, while the Paolo has a subtle stitch detail and gentle wings to create a cosy cocoon feel.
The soft feather grey velvet of both the Turin and Paolo work so well against muted wall colours due to its warmer undertones. Choose a colour with a slight grey tint to create that calming and serene atmosphere.
When styling a bedroom like this, choose natural woods or stick to simple white furniture so as to not distract from your statement wall and super soft bed. Try to avoid too many clashing textures- a chunky throw at the end of the bed will help soften the look, but stick to one or two textures to keep your space calm.
Stylists Top Tip: When creating a calming bedroom, always choose warmer tones and stick to a very simple colour palette. Avoid using too many different colours as this can create a visually stimulating space, which is not ideal for a bedroom.
Get The Look:
Mid-century styled spaces are still huge in the world of interiors, with new twists always appearing to create a more modern look. This gorgeous bedroom from @appleton2plus_morrishomes has just the right amount of mid-century styling with the side tables and lamps, while the Amalfi bed in Peacock brings that modern twist.
You can be more playful with prints and textures in a mid century style home. Pair geometrics with tribal prints to really mix things up. Remember to keep your prints focused to one area, and let the design of your furniture do the rest of the talking.
Get The Look:
Maximalism is becoming more and more popular in our homes, with many of us seeking out ways to make our homes more personal. (Find out more about maximalist style here). However, use a toned down version of maximalism in your bedroom to ensure this remains a calming and relaxing zone.
@lifeatno.15 has perfected a subtle maximalist look but pairing an oversized floral mural wallpaper with a super soft and silky velvet bed.
By choosing wallpaper in a bold print but with harmonious colours creates a calming vibe while remaining a true style statement. For an extra element to your maximalist style, choose a larger bed to make more of a design statement – it’s all about those headboards.
Stylist Top Tip: Pick out one or two colours from a bold wallpaper to use throughout the room. The colours you choose here will greatly affect the overall style. For example, @lifeatno.15 has pulled out the blush pink and grey to create a soft, feminine look. However, if she had chosen the subtle shades of cream and green this look overall would be much more muted and minimal.
Get The Look:
The Finishing Touches
Finally, when it comes to the finishing touches, those accessories and accompanying bits of furniture can really ‘frame’ your bedroom look.
Our Stylist Tip: Think about the symmetry of your room. If you have the space, go for two bedside tables either side of the bed with a table lamp to get a cohesive look in your bedroom.
When it comes to other pieces such as a chest of drawers or dresser tables, these items don’t just need to look great, they need to be practical and functional too. They should serve their purpose and fit in aesthetically with the rest of your bedroom scheme as they’re integral parts of our routine – where we get ready and get out our clothes to start or end the day!
Some of our console tables could work perfectly as a little vanity station, just complete the look with one of our footstools or ottomans, or a plush velvet chair.
Get The Look:
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Bedroom Styling Tips with our Interior StylistWe've all seen how to style sideboard, coffee tables and shelves. But when it comes to bedroom styling, it's not enough just to get the furniture right. Styling your bedroom correctly will take it from good to great. It's these simple, homely touches that will finish off the room and add personality.Read more
- Luxury BedsNothing says luxury more than a grand, luxury headboard. Creating a statement in your bedroom has never been easier than with our NEW range of ottoman beds, each with a designer look, without the designer price tag! The Extended Headboard An extended, luxury headboard will create a focal point within your bedroom. Opt for a […]Read more
- How To Pick The Perfect MattressIf there is one product you should love and invest in, it is your mattress. Did you know research shows that an uncomfortable mattress can rob you of up to an hour’s vital, restful sleep? Not what you need… it is time to relax and retreat to a comfortable bed after a long day. If […]Read more
- Give your bedroom a new look for lessWhen it comes to enhancing rooms in your home, the bedroom can always seem like an afterthought. Perhaps because it is not the first room that is stepped into when you have guests over, but it is equally as important to invest in because it is the place you go to when you need to […]Read more
- How to Declutter Your Bedroom and Get A Great Nights SleepWhen it comes to getting a good nights sleep we're all guilty of overlook the little things that make a huge difference. We show you how to create a dream bedroom and show you our top tips for a great nights sleep.Read more