When you have lots of space to play with, you hardly have to give a thought to your furniture choices, but furnishing a small home can be a lot trickier. You’ll have to measure every dimension and find pieces that will fit the most awkward of gaps. At the same time, you have to bear in mind that it’s important to have some floor space free so your home doesn’t become too cramped.
At Danetti we’re used to helping people furnish their homes – both big and small, and we love the challenge of sourcing items that will help to make your living space a much nicer place to be.
We thought we’d draw your attention to a few of our pieces that are either so neat in proportion that they look good even in tiny flats, and also to a couple of our multi-functional products that save space because they can be used for different purposes.
First up, we wanted to show you the Bodil sofa – it’s fantastic for small living rooms because it doesn’t have the enormous padded arms that you find on many sofas, which can take up a metre of your valuable space if you’re not careful – instead it has neat metal arms. The seat and back rest is just as comfortable as a regular sofa though.
Next, a modern nest of tables – the Emery set – which are very useful in small homes. While you may think of nests of tables as something your grandmother used to have for putting bowls of peanuts around the living room at Christmas time, they’ve moved on, and are still actually a useful thing to have if you need extra surfaces when you have people over, but want them out of the way the rest of the time. The Emery nest of tables is fantastic value for money and has three tables, each with a chrome frame and glass top.
If it’s seating that you need, then consider bar stools – these Silvi plastic bar stools are cool, contemporary and great value for money, plus they’re stackable so they’re a great temporary seating solution if you have a party or friends over, but can be compactly stored when not in use.Generally, bar stools can be a very good idea if you have a small home. When teamed with a wall-mounted slim-line bar table, they can provide you with somewhere to sit for meals without taking up much floor space.
Next, take a look at this tri-purpose product – it’s a stool, table and storage unit all in one! The Somen coffee table can be opened to store magazines, toys, blankets, or whatever you like, and it can be flipped over to make a comfy padded stool. It’s ideal for modern homes, and it’s a very popular option for our commercial clients as well, as it’s ideal for bars and clubs.
Flexibility is important in a small home – sometimes you’ll need a large dining table, but probably not all the time, and when you don’t need one, you don’t want it dominating your room. A great option is to go for an extending table. The Pollock Multiform table is amazing because it can be used as a coffee table, extended to make a formal dining table , or even just half extended, so you have two separate surfaces – great for parties!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more
- How Colours Affect Your Mood And InteriorHave you ever wondered why we make certain decisions based on colour? Colour is a key player when it comes to interior design as your chosen colour scheme sets the mood for your space. Take a look at some of our top palette picks for your home makeover.Read more