With the festive season in full flow, most of us are gearing up for some sort of entertaining in the next few weeks. It is around this time of year that you often discover that you don’t have the right ‘tools for the job’. Perhaps having to beg, steal or borrow extra chairs or tag a patio table on the end of your dining table to create a bigger table. Sound familiar?
One of my colleagues reminisced about her youth and how her parents used to wheel out a huge circular piece of MDF from the garage to accommodate the huge family they were going to try and seat for Christmas lunch! So, we thought that we’d give you some of our favourite options. If you haven’t already got the dining set you need, then make your New Year’s resolution to be to check out our January sale! Get properly kitted out in the dining department for the coming year! Remember – a dining table is not JUST for Xmas(!)
Best for: Indulgent Comfort - Eva White or Grey Gloss Dining Table & Form Cantilever Dining ChairsIf you are looking to make an investment purchase for your dining experience then we would suggest our fabulous new Eva table. Then pair with some gorgeous Form chairs from our ‘Exclusively Danetti with Julia Kendell’ collection. The Eva table is a high gloss luxurious product with a sculptural quality whilst the chairs are the ultimate in comfort and offer you and your guests a real seating experience with deep comfort, curved back support and a flexible cantilever base that gives you the opportunity to sit right back and enjoy the whole dining experience.
How To Style It:
We styled the Eva table with a stunning Eastern style place setting – because of the nature of the food you can be really experimental with your ideas, we used a silver lacquer tray to contrast with the taupe gloss finish of table. Chopsticks are always an authentic choice. As with some many Oriental style accessories, they usually come in wonderfully decorative high gloss patterns.
Best for: Large Families – Ellie Extending Dining Table & Eames Dining Chairs
If like me you have a large family and need plenty of room to seat people all year round but especially during special occasions, then the Ellie table will be the perfect choice. Without the leaves the table forms a lovely oval shape and seats 6 comfortably. It can then extend easily with two extra leaves seat up to 10 people! The Eames chairs are a very stylish choice with this table and there are multiple colour options available too. It is worth remembering that you do need a good big space for this table and also for storing the chairs when you perhaps don’t need them all out.
How To Style It:
We styled the Ellie table with fun in mind, a bit of a Seventies kaleidoscope throwback but the general gist is one of vibrant pattern and colour. The white table is the perfect backdrop for colourful table settings and you can add further pops of colour with a selection of Eames chairs to match! A scattering of acid yellow petals and some glittery stars sets the scene for some festive fun with the family!
Best for: Contemporary Cool – Fern Grey Gloss Extending Dining Table & White Elise Dining Chairs
If you are looking for the ultimate in cool and stylish table sets then this might just tick all boxes! The smooth tactile grey gloss is a stunning finish and when coupled with white Elise chairs the look is sophisticated, cool and extremely stylish. The Fern grey gloss table can also extend and seat up to 8 people but if you need to accommodate more people then the Fern grey gloss table does come as an extending table. This option can seat up to 10 people which is quite a gathering!
How To Style It:
We styled the Fern grey gloss table with our favourite colours for 2015! Using grey as the basis for a very contemporary chic look we accessorized the table with black and gold. To give the colour scheme a real injection of energy and life, we used some real greenery! There’s an abundance of ivy outside at the moment and most florists stock more exotic options. Play with the more sculptural cheese plant or banana leaves for that uber chic table dressing!
Best for: Formal Occasional Dining – Curva White Gloss Extending Dining Table & Monti Real Leather Chairs
For those of you with a dedicated dining room looking for something sophisticated and stylish, why not look into a square table? Rather than a more conventional rectangular table. The Curva table is very contemporary and has a very sophisticated feel with a central pedestal. This creates an almost Art Deco feel to it. It is one of our most luxurious table styles. This table makes dining a real occasion and when paired with Monti real leather dining chairs. You will find it a winning combination for dressing up casual dinners or hosting formal events!
How to Style It:
We styled the Curva table with a sparkling selection of tableware for the ideal celebratory party! Luxury products like marble, plain white bone china plates embellished with a silver stripe and some opulent fabric like velvet creates a really glittering look. Decorate the table with some crystal style nuggets and party on!
Best for: Intimate Dining – Arc Oak Dining Table & Curva Dining Chairs
Last but not least, it may be that you don’t need a huge area for entertaining. Or perhaps you don’t have a dedicated dining room? However doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be stylish and look great for entertaining when needed. We think that our unusual Arc table is a great option. This versatile table from our ‘Exclusively Danetti with Julia Kendell’ range incorporates unusual design and comes in a variety of different tactile finishes. So, for creating a little nook where you could comfortably seat up to four people, why not dress this little table up with some Curva chairs. Creating an elegant but unusual slightly eclectic look.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more
- How Colours Affect Your Mood And InteriorHave you ever wondered why we make certain decisions based on colour? Colour is a key player when it comes to interior design as your chosen colour scheme sets the mood for your space. Take a look at some of our top palette picks for your home makeover.Read more
- Interior Styling Tips: Create An Insta-Worthy Living Room With Bold Colours & AccentsWe’re swooning over the current trending interior design theme that is Hollywood Glam. Bold jewel tones, brass accents, and an art deco colour palette – we’ve got it all in-store. Here’s how we can easily achieve this look.Read more