Cosy blankets, comforting mugs of cocoa and warm winter lighting – just because the days are cold and short, doesn’t mean your bedroom has to feel the chill. There are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom:
Choosing the right lighting
Using colour theory in interior design helps us understand the relationship between colour and light reflection. Since conserving light is the aim here, using light colours for your bedroom’s surfaces can help maximise the brightness for longer. For example, using a colour such as ivory, cream, or white for bedding, furniture, and accessories can not only be soothing to your eyes but also kind to your psyche.
Colour is key
While lighter colours make your home feel spacious and provide a blank canvas for your design needs, a pop of colour can also be used to create interest and add a brighter feel. Colour is an element largely used for adding personality to a space with the additional benefit of uplifting your mood.
Our Carina Mustard Yellow Velvet Bed with Storage is the ultimate eye-catcher that is sure to bring a sense of optimism and feel-good factor to your space. This king-size ottoman bed comes with plenty of storage so you can make the most of your space while staying true to your décor.
Bring in some comfort
When it’s cold outside, we crave the comfort of the warm indoors. You can add that extra warmth factor to your surroundings with the use of cushions, throws, and blankets. Ready to grab for a warm velvet hug – comfort plays a huge role in livening up your bedroom in the winter.
Decorating your bedroom with various patterns and textures can be a fun way to introduce design into your new home. For new build bedroom ideas, this is a great way of adding some character to your interior without the big expense.
Reflect with mirrors
A great way to conserve light in a small space is to introduce mirrors into your bedroom décor. The science of reflection suggests that your light will be doubled as well as making your space look bigger.
Another way you can reflect light in your bedroom is by using mirrored or glass furniture. A modern bedside table or console tables such as our Acute Grey Gloss and Chrome Side Table is the perfect combination of chrome and white to bring the brightness home this winter.
Keep it tight
Watch our video on how to fix a drawer to make sure it glides shut perfectly. Whether it's from a bedside table or chest of drawers, they're really simple to fix...
Our Final Takeaways:
- Using neutral colours such as white, ivory and beige can help conserve the feeling of sunlight making your space feel warmer and brighter.
- Implement bold colours into your scheme to uplift your space. When combined thoughtfully using colour theory, your choice of colour can create your desired effect.
- Create a sense of comfort by incorporating snuggly objects like cushions, throws, and blankets.
- Add a large mirror or use mirrored furniture to make a small space look large and reflect light for a brighter bedroom.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Bedroom Storage Ideas: Stylish SolutionsIf you don’t have the luxury of space or budget to spend out on fitted bedroom furniture, we have some handy storage hacks that are worth the investment and can move and evolve with you whether you change homes or taste over time. Here are our top picks.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to Declutter Your Bedroom and Get A Great Nights SleepWhen it comes to getting a good nights sleep we're all guilty of overlook the little things that make a huge difference. We show you how to create a dream bedroom and show you our top tips for a great nights sleep.Read more
- Give your bedroom a new look for lessWhen it comes to enhancing rooms in your home, the bedroom can always seem like an afterthought. Perhaps because it is not the first room that is stepped into when you have guests over, but it is equally as important to invest in because it is the place you go to when you need to […]Read more
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more