When it comes to decorating your home, there is nothing like a console table to add personality to a space. Use it to add style to an entrance and create a point of interest, opt for a sleek design to fill a space, or pick one with drawers for storing your essentials - console tables are a timelessly versatile addition to your décor. Whether you’re starting with a blank canvas or revamping your tactfully curated corner, check out our top tips for styling a console table in your home.
Where do you put a console table?
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to the placement of a console table. The purpose of a console table is to add a focal point of interest to any given space - be it a corner in your living or dining room or as popularly used: the perfect piece for creating a stylish first impression in the entrance of your home. To create a statement, opt for something like our Isla White Glass and Brass Console Table. It’s modern metallic legs will bring a luxe look and feel to your space.
How should you arrange items on a console table?
There are several ways you can arrange items on your console table. Start by creating an anchor; this means to add a centre point and overall focus to your display. This could be a painting or piece of art, or a mirror for subtle elegance and the illusion of more space as it gently reflects light.
Add some texture to your table; depending on your desired aesthetic, brighten it up with a lamp or bring nature into your home with a vase of something earthy like dried foliage.
Don’t forget multi-level styling – you can make more room for showcasing your accessories with our Georgia White Large Ceramic Console Table. This white gloss console table is the two-tiered dynamic display piece offering more space for pictures of your loved ones or copies of your favourite hardbacks.
What should you store in a console table?
Although not traditionally for storage, a little extra room is always a bonus. For example, our Toronto Dark Wood Console Table with drawers is great for hiding away essentials that don’t need to be on display or for your grab-and-go items by the door.
How do you style the bottom of a console table?
If you’re unsure of how to style the bottom of your console, a great starting point is to think about texture. Pop a small bench or a pouffe underneath as your extra seating solution. Additionally, a woven basket is a go-to for storing all your cosy essentials like throws and cushions. Alternatively, cleverly conceal your radiator or other inbuilt appliances with our Ripple Glass And Polished Stainless Steel Console Table. This easy-to-match glass console table is a great addition to complement any setting.
Can you change your console table décor with the seasons?
Just like the view outside your window, your console table décor is flexible to fit the seasons. With autumn at our doorstep, a pumpkin spice scented candle or some dried pampas grass in ceramic can add charm to any modern console table design. A great example for this is the Thea Smoked Mirror Console Table.
Our Final Takeaways
A truly versatile piece, no matter the room - a console table can be styled in many ways to suit your home and needs. Just remember:
- Multi-level consoles give you added levels for showcasing and storing your favourite items.
- A Console table with drawers offers a functional design with practical storage solution.
- Pick a finish to suit your space – e.g. glass console tables are a great addition to any home for a versatile timeless look, while a wooden console table with drawers can act as an anchor in your room, and has the benefit of additional storage space.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Cool Cocooning: How To Bring Earthy Colours Into Your HomeFrom turning your bedroom into a soothing sanctuary, to creating a living room with soft and earthy colours that’s perfect for escaping to and relaxing, the design concept - cocooning - is all about turning your home into a serene space.Read more