Do you find it hard to decide which colours to use in your home? Don’t worry, I do too. Thats why over the next few weeks we will be bringing you a series of blog posts on the hottest colour trend for your home. Whether you want to update your kitchen by adding coloured dining chairs, or completely redecorate your home, we’ve got it covered!
This week we are taking inspiration from our new Cleo oak dining table. Available in 4 & 6 seater options, with 3 different leg colours to choose from, including Dove Grey, Matt White and Powder Blue.
Deluxe Denim Drift – All images via pinterest
Blue is a big colour this season, with Dulux announcing Denim Drift as their Colour of the Year 2017. Pantone even had a similar shade, Serenity, and their colour of the year for 2016. However when it comes to using blue in your home there are so many shade to choose from. How do you choose the right shade for your home? And how do you know what look to go for? Do you decorate your kitchen in neutral shades and keep blue as an accent colour, or go all out and have blue feature walls, blue furniture and blue accessories?
When it comes to decorating your dining room or kitchen, you have to think about how often the room will be used. If used daily then choose a more subtle and harmonious colour pallet. However, if you have a separate Dining room, maybe think about darker blues to create a more dramatic atmosphere. Either way, we all know that blue is a very versatile colour… plus it looks great with Oak!
To help you visualise the colours, we have created this mood board for you, using White, Grey, Steel Blue and Oak. Using this same colour pallet we can create 3 very different looks, by varying the amount of each colour used….
Colour Trend 1 : Touch of Blue
If your kitchen is already quite muted but you want to inject a bit of colour, then why not try using coloured dining chairs– in this instance, blue dining chairs. As you can see in the image below everything in the room is Oak, white and grey, creating a very scandi, fresh, airy feel.
If we swap out the Grey Finn Dining Chairs for our Steel Blue Finn Dining chair straight away we have added more warmth and attitude to the room. Just by changing the grey dining chairs to blue dining chairs – its so easy! The great thing about this cool colour combination is that despite blue, white and grey being cold colours, the oak table top and wooden base of the Finn Chairs really help warm the room up. This makes for the perfect colour combination, plus being bang on trend.
Get the Look:
If you love this colour combination but still prefer a more muted look, why not mix and match your dining chairs? You could even throw our Finn dining Armchair into the mix for a really fun and stylish look!!
Colour Trend 2 : Bold Blue
Maybe now you’re are feeling a little more colour confident? Then our Cleo Oak Dining Table comes with a stunning Powder Blue Leg. This Oak Dining Table is a great piece for adding a focal point to your dining room, yet remains versatile for any existing kitchen. Whether you have a modern and clean Kitchen, or a more traditional kitchen.
Again, we use the same setting but this time with our Cleo 6 Seater Oak & Powder Blue Dining Table. Straight away you eye is drawn to the dining table, however by using they grey dining chairs we still create a subtle and adaptable space.
So, what if you have a modern kitchen? The Finn dining chairs are great chairs for families, but if you do prefer a more minimalist kitchen, then maybe try a white faux leather dining chair. Check out our Santo Dining Chair. Due to the juxtaposition of the farm house style dining table the modern white dining chairs look great! Especially as the blue leg of the Cleo brings it bang up to date with modern colour trends.
Get the Look:
Cole & Sons, Tile Geometric II
We love this wallpaper from Cole & Sons- the geometric pattern is a nod to the mid-century interior design trend, while the colour is perfect with our Cleo Dining Table!
Colour Trend 3 : Moo
If, like me, you are totally in love with the current paint trend of inky, moody, dark shades, this colourful dining set is just what you’re looking for! By choosing a dramatic colour for your walls you instantly create a very swanky interior. And by matching this to our Cleo Dining Table you’re oozing style! To go with our Cleo Dining Table in Oak & Powder Blue, we love Little Greene’s Wode 251. It is a deep mid blue, yet still light and bright enough to use in your kitchen.
If you are brave enough to go for a darker shade on your walls, then why not go all the way and choose a dark dining chair too? The Oak Table Top will balance out the dark tones, and if accessorised with whites and greys, you can still create a serene dining area which will be the heart of your home!
Get the Look:
Little Greene – Wode 251
Still unsure on how to style your home using blues and oak? Well, we have some top tips to keep in mind when decision making…
- By sticking to a colour pallet of different shades of blue, you will be creating a dining area which is very pleasing on the eye due to minimal colours. In areas used most in our homes, such as the kitchen and living areas, it is important to use harmonious colours to help relax and unwind. Save the bold shades for hallways and less used rooms, like an occasional Dining Room!
- Coloured Dining Chairs are a great way to add interest and atmosphere into a kitchen or dining room. Stick to one colour which compliments the room, or play around with colour combinations for a fun, mix and match dining table!
- Be sure to balance out the cool feeling of blue with a bit of warmth. This can be achieved by your home furnishings such as rugs, cushion. By choosing a chair with a wooden base, such as our Finn Dining Chair, this will bring extra warmth too.
- If you want a really bold look, go for a deep blue feature wall such as Little Greene’s ‘Wode 251’. This rich blue is really on trend and looks great on one wall or on every wall!
- If you really want to shake things up, try adding a different colour into your scheme. Blues work great with oranges as they are directly opposite each other on the colour wheel, which are called complimentary colours. Typically complimentary colours create a very visually stimulating colour combination. Maybe play around with the saturation and amount of each colour? That way you can create very different looks which are pleasing to the eye!
To conclude, we have 3 different look using the same colour pallet and dining table. Let us know what colour combinations you have gone for, and if you have any other colour questions- just ask! We love to see your pictures so make sure you tag us with @Danetti_com and use #Danetti on Instagram!
Keep your eyes peeled for the next in our Colour series…
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more