Whilst you are choosing the right design and style, choosing the right height of your kitchen bar stool is essential. Whether it be for home or commercial use, it is important to purchase a kitchen stool that can fit comfortably under your kitchen counter or bar.
Here is our Danetti guide to choosing the right counter height bar stool
Firstly measure your table, counter or bar from the floor to the base of the surface. Once you have this measurement, we advise that your kitchen stool needs to be 250-300mm (10-12 Inches) from the base of the surface to the top of the bar stool seat. This ensures there is enough space between the surface and the kitchen bar stool itself.
If you want to buy a kitchen bar stool that will meet most height specifications, consider opting for a gas lift kitchen stool as this will have a variable height due to the gas lift mechanism. The gas lift bar stools have another benefit which is a swivel action making it easier to get on and off the kitchen bar stool.
Kitchen Counter Height Stools
If you are looking for a stool to fit under a standard kitchen counter height, we would advise you to purchase a stool that is between 610-670mm (24 to 26 Inches) high, in order to fit under the 890-910mm (35 to 36 Inches) counter table. Some of the counter height kitchen stools we recommend are:
Bar Height Stools
If you are looking for a bar stool to fit under a bar height, we would advise you purchase a bar stool that has a seat height between 710-760mm (28 to 30 Inches) to fit under the 1010-1060mm (40 to 42 Inches) bar table height. A couple of bar stools that fit this height we recommend are:
Saldi Bar Stool and the Grayson Bar Stool.
High Bar Height
If you are looking for a bar stool to fit under a high bar, we would advise you to purchase a bar stool that is 810-860mm (32-34 Inches) to fit under the 1140-1220mm (45 to 48 Inches) bar table height. Some of the high bar stools we recommend are:
Rondure Bar Stool and the Orla Bar Stool
Spacing your kitchen bar stools
Once you have the correct height kitchen bar stool, you now need to decide how many bar stools can fit comfortably in the space you have selected. You need to make sure there is enough room between each kitchen bar stool so that people can sit around the counter or bar and not feel overcrowded. We suggest that for a bar stool of 400-460mm (16-18 Inches) wide, you allow 530-560mm (21-22 Inches) of space and for a bar stool that is 480-560mm (19-22 Inches) wide, allow 610-630mm (24-25 Inches) of space between each stool.
If you would like more information on the kitchen bar stools that we sell and the bar stool heights please take a look at our kitchen bar stools page, the green box on the left hand side should enable you to search for kitchen bar stools that fall under a specific height category.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more