This time of year we all love a good Garden Party. Whether it’s a weekend BBQ, a birthday party or just having some friends over, we’ve got you covered. From furnishing your garden, styling tips and how to change plans in case of rain. Read our quick tips for planning for the perfect Summer Garden Party!
Kit out your Garden
Let’s start with the absolute basics. For any garden party, you’re going to need somewhere for your guests to sit! Depending on the size of your garden and the kind of knee’s up you’re having will help determine the right style of garden seating for you.
All said and done, it’s down to your own personal style and how you use your garden which will ultimately help choose your new garden furniture. But we’re here to help and offer a few suggestions to help you create the garden of your dreams.
Smaller Sized Gardens
For those with smaller gardens, you want to think about space saving garden furniture. A Pedestal Dining Table paired with 2 backless benches is the perfect option as you can easily tuck the benches under the table when not in use.
Our Palermo Pedestal Dining Table comes in 2 different sizes; a 4 Seater option and a 6 Seater option. However, as your garden dining situation tends to be a little more relaxed, there’s nothing stopping you keeping a couple of chairs aside for those extra guests.
To match your new dining table, our Palermo backless benches also come in a 2 or 3 seater option. As before, you can comfortably fit 2 or 3 people on our benches (depending on your chosen size). However, if you wanted to have a few extra guests, you have the space to squeeze on a few extra bums.
Larger Sized Gardens
If you have a generously sized garden, make the most of this and create ‘rooms’ for your outdoors. Create a chill-out area, or ‘living room’, on one side with the Palermo Corner Bench and Coffee Table, and a ‘dining room’ on the other. This is ideal for larger Garden Parties as you give your guests more space and can create a more relaxed vibe.
Stylist Tip: For larger gardens, add subtle pops of colour to keep your space feeling homely. Our Skye Matcha Green Dining Chairs look great with white or grey aluminium garden furniture and add a hint of warmth to reflect your garden.
Average Sized Gardens
For those typical gardens, you have the best of both worlds. Stick with a pedestal dining table but pair with the corner sofa. This allows you generous space for dining while giving you the freedom to move your table aside (possibly as a drinks station for your summer garden party!)
What’s more, due to the space saving pedestal dining table, once your guests are suitably full, you can simply slide your table closer to the corner bench, clearing space for a dance floor!
You can pair your garden corner bench set with either a backless bench or our range of stackable, plastic garden dining chairs. Although our dining chairs are plastic, they’re not the flimsy things your grandparents used to own! Our Garden chairs are made from moulded polypropylene making them incredibly strong and stable.
Garden Party Styling
Now you have your seating and dining situation sorted, it’s time for the fun part- styling your garden. Again, how you decorate your outdoor space depends on what your garden party is in honour of. So here are a few of our tips for year-round garden styling. You can always add or increase in aid of any summer garden parties.
- Bunting – Bunting is a must have for your quintessential summer garden party. With so many variations out there, you’re sure to find a colour and/or print to suit your personal style.
- Greenery – Although our gardens tend to be pretty green, where we entertain is usually paved and walled. Play around with different plants in colourful plant pots to bring some life to your decked garden area. Try different sized palm plants and trees for a Miami beach house vibe.
- Colour – Inject colour into your garden with your dining chairs. You can then compliment these with your choice of cups, plates napkins etc to create bright and fun space.
- Lighting – If you’re hosting a summer garden party (and you get lucky with the weather) you’re going to want to make the most of being outdoors. Add some festoon lighting or contemporary lanterns for soft lighting and a lovely calming mood.
- Accessories – When we style our homes, we use objects and props that we love- the same goes for your garden! Think about adding some concrete buddha’s or marble shapes to bring the indoors, out. By propping your garden as you would your interior, you’re making your guests feel at ease and creating an inviting home.
In Case of Rain
Here in good ol’ Blighty, the weather is never settled. You could be planning a summer garden party for months, the weather leading up to it is absolutely perfect but the day of your event, the rain shows up. It’s a fact we’ve got to accept living here, but we never let a drop of rain ruin our plans!
Obviously, plan for great weather as when it’s good, it really is great. But it’s important to have a backup plan- just in case. There are a few things you can do such as hiring a gazebo or having a covered area as a permanent fixture in your garden. (This will protect you from the sun and also rain). But if you don’t have the time or space, it’s time for plan B.
Julia shared this picture of her lovely cat, Bea, enjoying her Danetti Furniture Cover
If the rain does end up spoiling your garden party, you’re best bet is to move inside. But before you do, make sure you cover over your garden furniture. Although all of our garden fabrics are showerproof, it’s always safest to keep the furniture covered or away in the garage/shed. We offer covers designed for any combination of garden furniture you choose!
What’s more, our stackable garden dining chairs are versatile and trendy enough to use indoors as well as out. So cover over your table and benches, bring your chairs inside and let the festivities continue!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more