This time of year we all love a good Garden Party. Whether it’s a weekend BBQ, a birthday party or just having some friends over, we’ve got you covered. From furnishing your garden, styling tips and how to change plans in case of rain. Read our quick tips for planning for the perfect Summer Garden Party!
Kit out your Garden
Let’s start with the absolute basics. For any garden party, you’re going to need somewhere for your guests to sit! Depending on the size of your garden and the kind of knee’s up you’re having will help determine the right style of garden seating for you.
All said and done, it’s down to your own personal style and how you use your garden which will ultimately help choose your new garden furniture. But we’re here to help and offer a few suggestions to help you create the garden of your dreams.
Smaller Sized Gardens
For those with smaller gardens, you want to think about space saving garden furniture. A Pedestal Dining Table paired with 2 backless benches is the perfect option as you can easily tuck the benches under the table when not in use.
Our Palermo Pedestal Dining Table comes in 2 different sizes; a 4 Seater option and a 6 Seater option. However, as your garden dining situation tends to be a little more relaxed, there’s nothing stopping you keeping a couple of chairs aside for those extra guests.
To match your new dining table, our Palermo backless benches also come in a 2 or 3 seater option. As before, you can comfortably fit 2 or 3 people on our benches (depending on your chosen size). However, if you wanted to have a few extra guests, you have the space to squeeze on a few extra bums.
Larger Sized Gardens
If you have a generously sized garden, make the most of this and create ‘rooms’ for your outdoors. Create a chill-out area, or ‘living room’, on one side with the Palermo Corner Bench and Coffee Table, and a ‘dining room’ on the other. This is ideal for larger Garden Parties as you give your guests more space and can create a more relaxed vibe.
Stylist Tip: For larger gardens, add subtle pops of colour to keep your space feeling homely. Our Skye Matcha Green Dining Chairs look great with white or grey aluminium garden furniture and add a hint of warmth to reflect your garden.
Average Sized Gardens
For those typical gardens, you have the best of both worlds. Stick with a pedestal dining table but pair with the corner sofa. This allows you generous space for dining while giving you the freedom to move your table aside (possibly as a drinks station for your summer garden party!)
What’s more, due to the space saving pedestal dining table, once your guests are suitably full, you can simply slide your table closer to the corner bench, clearing space for a dance floor!
You can pair your garden corner bench set with either a backless bench or our range of stackable, plastic garden dining chairs. Although our dining chairs are plastic, they’re not the flimsy things your grandparents used to own! Our Garden chairs are made from moulded polypropylene making them incredibly strong and stable.
Garden Party Styling
Now you have your seating and dining situation sorted, it’s time for the fun part- styling your garden. Again, how you decorate your outdoor space depends on what your garden party is in honour of. So here are a few of our tips for year-round garden styling. You can always add or increase in aid of any summer garden parties.
- Bunting – Bunting is a must have for your quintessential summer garden party. With so many variations out there, you’re sure to find a colour and/or print to suit your personal style.
- Greenery – Although our gardens tend to be pretty green, where we entertain is usually paved and walled. Play around with different plants in colourful plant pots to bring some life to your decked garden area. Try different sized palm plants and trees for a Miami beach house vibe.
- Colour – Inject colour into your garden with your dining chairs. You can then compliment these with your choice of cups, plates napkins etc to create bright and fun space.
- Lighting – If you’re hosting a summer garden party (and you get lucky with the weather) you’re going to want to make the most of being outdoors. Add some festoon lighting or contemporary lanterns for soft lighting and a lovely calming mood.
- Accessories – When we style our homes, we use objects and props that we love- the same goes for your garden! Think about adding some concrete buddha’s or marble shapes to bring the indoors, out. By propping your garden as you would your interior, you’re making your guests feel at ease and creating an inviting home.
In Case of Rain
Here in good ol’ Blighty, the weather is never settled. You could be planning a summer garden party for months, the weather leading up to it is absolutely perfect but the day of your event, the rain shows up. It’s a fact we’ve got to accept living here, but we never let a drop of rain ruin our plans!
Obviously, plan for great weather as when it’s good, it really is great. But it’s important to have a backup plan- just in case. There are a few things you can do such as hiring a gazebo or having a covered area as a permanent fixture in your garden. (This will protect you from the sun and also rain). But if you don’t have the time or space, it’s time for plan B.
Julia shared this picture of her lovely cat, Bea, enjoying her Danetti Furniture Cover
If the rain does end up spoiling your garden party, you’re best bet is to move inside. But before you do, make sure you cover over your garden furniture. Although all of our garden fabrics are showerproof, it’s always safest to keep the furniture covered or away in the garage/shed. We offer covers designed for any combination of garden furniture you choose!
What’s more, our stackable garden dining chairs are versatile and trendy enough to use indoors as well as out. So cover over your table and benches, bring your chairs inside and let the festivities continue!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more