Everyday Storage Heroes:
In the wise words of the organised sorting queen herself, Marie Kondo: “Clutter is caused by a failure to return things to where they belong. Therefore, storage should reduce the effort needed to put things away, not the effort needed to get them out.” There are some really simple ways to introduce storage into your bedroom that’s both stylish and functional.
Investing in a storage bed is a great space-saving idea, whether you’re a little tight for space or just want to achieve that flawless finish without the clutter of boxes. They are available in a range of sizes and tend to be slightly bigger than a standard bed, so we’ve included a helpful table below to give you some idea of where sizes start from.
Bed Size Guide (UK Sizes)
135cm x 190cm (4’6” x 6’3”).
King Size Bed
150cm x 200cm (5′ x 6'6″).
Super King Size Bed
180cm x 200cm (6' x 6'6")
Danetti expert; Buyer, Kelly Harvey says: “Ottoman storage beds allow you to create more invaluable storage space in your bedroom. Whether that’s for bedding, clothing or shoes – it might be the space you never thought you needed but once you have it, you won’t know how you lived without it. Our bed designs are stylish and sleek, meaning the storage is a hidden benefit that only you, the customer, needs to know about.”
Our Nifty & Neutral Pick:
Available in both a plush grey and champagne velvet finish, the Manolo has been designed with both luxury and practicality in mind. It’s all about luxe detailing with its smooth velvet upholstery, deep button detailing and winged headboard which adds to that cosy feeling, whilst it’s also easy to assemble and great value for money for a king size ottoman bed.
Our Stuck for Space Pick:
If you’re going for a double bed due to your space being a little smaller, that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on style. The Amalfi is a customer favourite with its modern and luxurious look, available in 5 luxe velvet shades as a double bed, with the added bonus of internal storage. Our elegant and beautiful short-pile velvets are made from-quality 100% polyester with high abrasion resistance so they will not bobble, maintaining the bed’s beauty.
All our King Size and Double storage beds feature high grade 750N capacity hydraulic pistons, helping you to lift your ottoman bed easily and smoothly with your mattress in place. They can support a mattress weight of up to 76kg, establishing a long-lasting and durable storage solution. This feature is not only practical for storing your bedding or shoes, but the spacing is generous and safe to access. Combined with our standard-fitted hardboard bases, it’s a storage dream as you can also easily hide away those non-essentials that you don’t need as often.
Our Pretty & Practical extra picks:
If you have space beneath a window or a room at the foot of your bed, it’s worth considering a storage bench. We sell a matching ottoman storage seat in the Amalfi range which comes in light grey, dark teal or champagne velvet. The lid lifts up using hydraulic pistons, making the movement smooth and easy to lift. Inside, there's plenty of space to store away those items you don't need every day, like spare throws or towels. If you want to go for something a little smaller, go for the Zara ottoman storage cube which comes in blush pink, light grey or navy blue – it can even double as a stool for your dressing table. The cube is a great use of space, ideal for those items you use day to day, but want to keep tucked away.
Super Storage PicksThese are the ultimate storage solution with extra deep space – you need this if you have less space for additional storage, or just prefer a minimal look.
Our Statement Pick with 30% extra space:Make an impact and save space with the Dexter; available in light grey or navy blue, the statement headboard, ample storage space and contemporary chrome feet make the bed an impactful yet cosy place to snuggle for the night. Did you know all our beds have sprung slats and added webbing for additional comfort, giving durability and further spring and support to your mattress? If your heart is set on this bed our added webbing comes pre-assembled for a quick and easy set-up.
Our Luxe Pick with 30% extra space:
Exclusively Danetti and five-star rated, the Amalfi Luxe is the ultimate in statement bedroom furniture with its large striking headboard. Available in Dark Teal or Light Grey, its guaranteed to add a luxurious look to your space, whatever your style. The bed is more than just its good looks with built in USB ports so you can charge your devices at night, and extra deep ottoman storage space. It’s perfect for tucking away your larger items, with 27cm worth of generous spacing for bedding and blankets and those items we just never know where to put - we have ensured your storage needs are maximised with this ottoman bed.
All our Super King Size beds feature high grade 900N capacity hydraulic pistons for easy access and lifting and support a mattress weight of up to 91kg. Combined with generous space and safe access, and a hardboard fitted base, the Super Kings are a high quality, long lasting and durable storage solution.
Secret Storage PicksIf you need something that’s even more discreet, there are beds that have ‘secret storage’ within the frame, but still have legs with space underneath the bed.
Our Art Deco pick:
The Rene is exclusively Danetti with its deep blue or grey velvet and brass feet. Not only does the rich coloured upholstery evoke feelings of luxury and glamour, it also has the practical feature of the secret storage space. The elegant and curved headboard will be the focal point of your bedroom.
Our Timeless Classic pick:
As well as premium velvet finish in pink or grey, beautiful brass accents and inner storage, the Darcy has a sleek and simple, tall headboard which gives you somewhere to lean back and relax with a good book or breakfast in bed. It’s all about those premium features.
If you’re looking for other stylish ways to add a little more storage to your space, there are plenty of other options to consider. Bedside tables come with extra drawers and shelf space and you can really maximise these areas with inner-drawer organisers or smaller boxes. Place an organiser within any drawer and add those night time essentials or smaller items like charging cables, a hairbrush, a remote etc.
Our Dark Wood pick:
The Odele Dark Wood bedside table was designed in-house to add a touch of elegance and drama to your bedroom. With a sleek black leg frame, rich dark oak veneer and handy frosted glass shelf, this bedside table is so much more than somewhere to pop your morning cuppa.
Our White Gloss pick:
The Noah Bedside Table has plenty of drawer space and within the back of the top drawer, you'll find a cable hole so you can charge your phone or tablet without the need for messy cables sprawled across the floor! Keeping your technology tucked away in a drawer not only looks neater, but you'll also be getting a better nights' sleep, as technology has been proven to affect our sleep cycles.
Start your search:
You can view the full range of Danetti storage beds here. Need some inspiration? Head over to our Instagram and check out the hashtag #DanettiSundayMorning and #DanettiLieIn for some bedroom inspiration.
Date Published: February 2021
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Luxury BedsNothing says luxury more than a grand, luxury headboard. Creating a statement in your bedroom has never been easier than with our NEW range of ottoman beds, each with a designer look, without the designer price tag! The Extended Headboard An extended, luxury headboard will create a focal point within your bedroom.Read more
- 2021 Interior Design Trends: Our Top Tips From The ExpertsIf you want to say goodbye to all that is 2020 (we’re all thinking it…) and start the new year with a fresh outlook, what better way to do it than reinjecting some flair or introducing a new style to your home? It’s where we’ve spent most of our time this last year, and it deserves a little TLC for 2021.Read more
- How to Declutter Your Bedroom and Get A Great Nights SleepWhen it comes to getting a good nights sleep we're all guilty of overlook the little things that make a huge difference. We show you how to create a dream bedroom and show you our top tips for a great nights sleep.Read more
- Give your bedroom a new look for lessWhen it comes to enhancing rooms in your home, the bedroom can always seem like an afterthought. Perhaps because it is not the first room that is stepped into when you have guests over, but it is equally as important to invest in because it is the place you go to when you need to […]Read more
- Contemporary Beds: Ultimate Bed Buying GuideBuying a bed is a big investment for your home. So save yourself the trouble of choosing one that's not quite right by taking a look at our ultimate buying guide for contemporary beds and bed frames! In this post, we'll cover everything from shapes and sizes to colour and coordination. if you're buying a bed, it's not one to miss!Read more
- Bedroom Styling Tips with our Interior StylistWe've all seen how to style sideboard, coffee tables and shelves. But when it comes to bedroom styling, it's not enough just to get the furniture right. Styling your bedroom correctly will take it from good to great. It's these simple, homely touches that will finish off the room and add personality.Read more