Many of us are lucky to have a spare room. But are we using it to its full potential? Using the space as a dumping ground for boxes, books and unused gym equipment may make it a handy storage solution, when in reality the room could be used for so much more. Stuck for ideas? Or not sure it’s worth the hassle? Let us inspire you with 4 Practical Spare Room ideas to Update Your Space!
The most common use for a spare room, a guest room is ideal if
As a guest room tends to be one of the smaller rooms in the house, try to declutter and be savvy with storage to make the most of the space. A cleverly sized bed like the Hector double bed is ideal for smaller spaces, or you could choose a bed with storage, like the Amalfi, so you have extra space to store items such as bedding and coats when not in use.
Keep the scheme neutral and add homely touches such as chunky pillows, throws and nightlights to make your guest feel fully accommodated. Have a well thought out and considered guest room will also be beneficial when it comes to selling your home, as it
If you work from home, then a separate workstation is essential. It’ll allow you to separate work and home life and keep things in order. Home offices are also great for sorting some life admin or simply as a quiet place to read and relax.
A desk and chair will provide a space for you to sit at your computer or take notes. As we spend long periods of time
Top Tip: Add boxes under your desk as a stylish storage solution. It’ll keep clutter to minimum while also making the most of your space.
Are you into your fitness? How about arts and crafts? Or do you simply enjoy the company of a good book? Whatever your enjoy, see if you can utilise your spare room by making your own hobby area.
A compact TV unit is ideal for creating a games or movie room. The compact size means there’s enough room for some storage without it being taking up too much of your space. Add an occasional chair and stackable size tble for maximum versatility and comfort.
Walk in Wardrobe
A walk in wardrobe may seem like a distant dream, designed only for mansions and Disney princesses. But in reality, it’s far easy to create than you may think. Using desks, sideboards and other clever storage solutions, you can quickly turn your room into the ultimate storage space.
You could also use the space as your modern boudoir, adding a comfy chair, desk and mirror to help you get ready for the everyday and those big nights out.
Spare Room Ideas
You can view all the items listed here and many, many more over on our website. Have we already helped you transform your spare room? We’d love to see! Post a picture on social with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page.
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to update your space, take a look at our Don’t Move- Improve! blog post.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more