So, you’re looking for bar stools for your kitchen or dining area. But what should you go for- gas lift or fixed height?
To help you decide, we’ve written a quick list of pros and cons so you can see what features would best suit you and your home..
Fixed Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Lightweight, a fixed height stool is more portable, making it easy to move around and reposition.
- A stool standing on four legs means the weight is distributed across a greater area rather than at one central point. This adds to the stools strength and stability.
- If you know the height of your counter and can find a stool to match, then you’ll always have a seat that’s the perfect height.
- As you can’t adjust a fixed height stool, the seats will remain looking neat and uniform.
- As you can’t adjust the height, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right size both for your counter and for your guests.
- Fixed height stools are unlikely to swivel, a feature which can aid getting into and getting off of the seat. Something to consider with younger children and elderly guests.
Gas Lift Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Gas lift stools are heavier, therefore making them sturdier and less likely to topple over.
- A gas lift system allows you to easily adjust the height, making a gas lift stool far more versatile.
- The swivel ability for a gas lift bar stool will allow friends and family to get up off of the seat without having to move the stool every time.
- If you need to move your stool around regularly, a gas lift seat might not be the best option as they are heavy and somewhat awkward to move.
- Because of the gas lift mechanism, a gas lift stool does come at a higher price point. Consider whether you’ll benefit from the gas lift to make it a worthy investment.
Still Need Some Inspiration?
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more