So, you’re looking for bar stools for your kitchen or dining area. But what should you go for- gas lift or fixed height?
To help you decide, we’ve written a quick list of pros and cons so you can see what features would best suit you and your home..
Fixed Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Lightweight, a fixed height stool is more portable, making it easy to move around and reposition.
- A stool standing on four legs means the weight is distributed across a greater area rather than at one central point. This adds to the stools strength and stability.
- If you know the height of your counter and can find a stool to match, then you’ll always have a seat that’s the perfect height.
- As you can’t adjust a fixed height stool, the seats will remain looking neat and uniform.
- As you can’t adjust the height, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right size both for your counter and for your guests.
- Fixed height stools are unlikely to swivel, a feature which can aid getting into and getting off of the seat. Something to consider with younger children and elderly guests.
Gas Lift Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Gas lift stools are heavier, therefore making them sturdier and less likely to topple over.
- A gas lift system allows you to easily adjust the height, making a gas lift stool far more versatile.
- The swivel ability for a gas lift bar stool will allow friends and family to get up off of the seat without having to move the stool every time.
- If you need to move your stool around regularly, a gas lift seat might not be the best option as they are heavy and somewhat awkward to move.
- Because of the gas lift mechanism, a gas lift stool does come at a higher price point. Consider whether you’ll benefit from the gas lift to make it a worthy investment.
Still Need Some Inspiration?
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Luxury Design: 4 Things You Need To Know About Luxury Interior DesignDark tones, rich textured finishes and opulent fabrics – this season, it’s all about making your home feel elegant and luxurious. One of the biggest trends emerging in interiors is the idea of ‘Considered Luxury’.Read more
- Lighting Trends: 4 Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionNew to Danetti and inspired by our five-star rated furniture ranges, we’ve curated our very own exclusive collection of lighting that’s perfect for enhancing any room in your home. We sat down with Danetti Buyer, Julie, to discover more about this unique collection.Read more
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more