So, you’re looking for bar stools for your kitchen or dining area. But what should you go for- gas lift or fixed height?
To help you decide, we’ve written a quick list of pros and cons so you can see what features would best suit you and your home..
Fixed Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Lightweight, a fixed height stool is more portable, making it easy to move around and reposition.
- A stool standing on four legs means the weight is distributed across a greater area rather than at one central point. This adds to the stools strength and stability.
- If you know the height of your counter and can find a stool to match, then you’ll always have a seat that’s the perfect height.
- As you can’t adjust a fixed height stool, the seats will remain looking neat and uniform.
- As you can’t adjust the height, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right size both for your counter and for your guests.
- Fixed height stools are unlikely to swivel, a feature which can aid getting into and getting off of the seat. Something to consider with younger children and elderly guests.
Gas Lift Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Gas lift stools are heavier, therefore making them sturdier and less likely to topple over.
- A gas lift system allows you to easily adjust the height, making a gas lift stool far more versatile.
- The swivel ability for a gas lift bar stool will allow friends and family to get up off of the seat without having to move the stool every time.
- If you need to move your stool around regularly, a gas lift seat might not be the best option as they are heavy and somewhat awkward to move.
- Because of the gas lift mechanism, a gas lift stool does come at a higher price point. Consider whether you’ll benefit from the gas lift to make it a worthy investment.
Still Need Some Inspiration?
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more