So, you’re looking for bar stools for your kitchen or dining area. But what should you go for- gas lift or fixed height?
To help you decide, we’ve written a quick list of pros and cons so you can see what features would best suit you and your home..
Fixed Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Lightweight, a fixed height stool is more portable, making it easy to move around and reposition.
- A stool standing on four legs means the weight is distributed across a greater area rather than at one central point. This adds to the stools strength and stability.
- If you know the height of your counter and can find a stool to match, then you’ll always have a seat that’s the perfect height.
- As you can’t adjust a fixed height stool, the seats will remain looking neat and uniform.
- As you can’t adjust the height, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right size both for your counter and for your guests.
- Fixed height stools are unlikely to swivel, a feature which can aid getting into and getting off of the seat. Something to consider with younger children and elderly guests.
Gas Lift Height Kitchen Bar Stools
- Gas lift stools are heavier, therefore making them sturdier and less likely to topple over.
- A gas lift system allows you to easily adjust the height, making a gas lift stool far more versatile.
- The swivel ability for a gas lift bar stool will allow friends and family to get up off of the seat without having to move the stool every time.
- If you need to move your stool around regularly, a gas lift seat might not be the best option as they are heavy and somewhat awkward to move.
- Because of the gas lift mechanism, a gas lift stool does come at a higher price point. Consider whether you’ll benefit from the gas lift to make it a worthy investment.
Still Need Some Inspiration?
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more