We all strive to have beautiful homes that look as though they’ve been touched by an interior designer. The easiest way to do this is by creating a focal point in our rooms. Focal points can vary from statement lighting, bold wallpaper or that one really special piece of furniture. We’re going to take a look at the quick and easy changes we can make to our homes to create a striking focal point. Making your home the envy of all your friends!
Kitchen Focal Points
Depending on the style of kitchen you have, we can play with different elements and different sizes to create a central point that draws you into the room.
Depending on your budget this could be a variety of different things. If you’re on a tight budget, look at adding a feature backsplash around your stove. Simply adding a splash of colour or a patterned tile to your stove will draw your eye into the room. Balance the rest of your kitchen finishes and accessories to create a contemporary, coordinated look.
Image via Pinterest
If you have a bit more cash to play with, why not opt for a central island our of a precious material such as granite or marble. Then, instal a statement light overhead for a real wow factor. If you wanted to keep the lighting minimal, opt for a brightly coloured barstool to sit around your island. A pop of colour here will create a real focal point while being super practical!
Our Form Stainless Steel Barstools are the perfect addition to monochrome kitchens. The bright teal colour of the faux leather is the perfect contract to hard stone worktops.
Living Room Focal Points
Probably the easiest way to create a focal point is by using one bold colour within a neutrally decorated room. You can then add little details, such as cushions, vases and throws, around the room to pull the whole scheme together. This paint treatment works great for open plan living rooms. Paint a feature wall in your dining space to zone it from you living area.
However, if you prefer to keep your paint consistent throughout, look at creating a focal point with your furniture. A statement chaise, such as our Luxe Chaise works wonders in all interior styles. Choose in a bold colour for dark rooms, or a rich smoked blue for more neutrally decorated homes.
Focal Point Top Tips
There are a few very simple tricks to creating a focal point in your home. Take a look at these ideas for simple and quick focal point tips.
- Play with your properties natural architecture. If you have beautiful windows or a beautiful fireplace, focus on these natural focal points to create a real eye-catching feature.
- If your space that has no natural architectural detail or interest, a few tricks can work wonders! For example, placing a large light over a table draws attention to the dining area.
- Having a feature wall at the back of the room diverts the eye, which helps make the room seem longer. Play around with bold paint colours or a patterned wallpaper. We love this one from Cole and Sons
- Adding fake detailing is another good way of making a focal point – think panelling, painted MDF or mouldings. This not only makes your home look more luxe but adds instant character, too.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more