Summer is well on its way, so now is the time to get your garden summer ready!
If you have a smaller, more compact garden or patio, you may feel like there’s not a great deal you can do with it. That’s where you’d be wrong. Take a look at our top tips for creating your dream space no matter how small.
Say you have a small garden with a paved or decked area and a lawn. You may think that there is not enough space for an outdoor dining set, but there is a wide variety of different garden furniture to fit your space and create the spot to spend your summer!
- Folding Dining Set’s are great for small spaces, as you can easily pack down and store, making the most of your compact space.
- Stackable Dining Chairs are another ideal choice for small spaces. This allows you to keep your area clear but easily unstack and place around your table when entertaining.
- Round Dining Tables take up slightly less space than rectangular tables and give you that bit more flexibility with seating options.
If you have that little bit more space, you may want to keep your garden furniture out all summer long. By choosing a round table with stackable chairs, you can create many dining situations, depending on the time of day or event you’re hosting.
If you’re hosting a garden party, push your table into a corner and use this to display the food and drinks. Positions your chairs around your patio so your guests can socialise and have fun, without the formality of sitting around a table.
For a relaxed day time situation, pair your table and chairs together. Your guests can relax around the table with a glass of Pimms, while the husbands gather around the BBQ exclaiming “when it’s black, it’s done!”.
With a round dining table, you have the flexibility of squeezing a few extra places if needed. Our Koko and Porto Dining Tables are 4 seaters, but you can easily squeeze up to 6 if needed.
If you’ve got a tiny garden, consisting of a small patio, you can still make the most of your space.
Have a look at a small 2-4 seater garden table, like our Palermo, as you can still create a lovely area to dine, without taking up all your usable space.
If you have a mini sun trap in your garden and favour relaxing over dining, think about a super chic day bed. The Willow 2 seater garden sofa is great for relaxing, and the contemporary coffee table comes with a handy cushion, allowing you to turn your casual seating into a garden day bed.
The aluminium powder-coated frame is inherently anti-rust, meaning you can store the frames outside all year long. Pop the cushions inside to protect them, and for extra protection, keep your outdoor furniture covered.
If you live in a flat or apartment with a small balcony, why not choose a couple of stackable armchairs. Dining armchairs are more comfortable due to their supporting nature. Treat yourself to a stylish seat cushion and soak up that vitamin D out on your balcony.
Small Garden Styling
Now you have your furniture sorted, have fun with your styling! With gardens, there are so many different styles to look at. From classic English country gardens to sleek, minimal and structured Ibizan inspired terraces, take a look at these styles.
Modest and Modern
Looking for the modern style with a bit more of a personal touch? Think about combining sleek shapes with free growing plants. Be clever with how you use the space and create wall potters to add interest and satisfy your green fingers.
White furniture looks great against dark painted garden walls or raw wooden fences. Stick to natural textures and elements to give your garden an organic and modern feel.
When the evening starts to draw in, hang festoon lights to create a cosy outdoor space.
Get The Look
Cool and Colourful
If you want to add colour to your garden the easiest way is to introduce colourful garden chairs. Our mustard and aqua stackable plastic garden chairs bring that much-needed pop to your space.
If you’re feeling creative, why not paint rendered walls a bright colour! Yellows or Pinks will bring a really fun feel and balance modern white garden furniture.
Play with fun prints and textures and be sure to bring in the most colourful plants you can find! Eclectic gardens at their finest.
Get The Look
The most important element to small gardens is clever, multifunctional furniture with space-saving qualities. A coffee table that doubles as a footstool. Stackable dining chairs. Tables where you can increase numbers as required.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more