Win £250 to help banish the grey and the lacklustre in your home. (and we’re not talking stylish Farrow & Ball coloured we mean…dull..) Is it now untidy where it was once eclectic? And does that contemporary retro look you loved just now look plain dated? Read on for our tips and a chance to win our fabulous MAY GIVEAWAY and bring your home back to life!
It’s that time of year again, the evenings have got lighter and longer and there is a lovely warmth in the air with the promise that Summer is around the corner. It’s time to wake up your home from its winter slumber and give it a good shake up! Some of us (not all of us) like to use the Winter as a good time to hibernate a bit, let dark corners gather clutter and put off jobs that need doing for the Spring. If like me you are one of those people then you’ll need to come out of hiding, put on your pinny and rubber gloves and get Spring cleaning pronto!
Here are my top 5 tips to help you on your if you need to do a quick clean and haven’t much time on your hands. There is something really satisfying about give your home a good clear out and this will certainly start the ball rolling and get you in the mood.
- If you haven’t needed it or used it for a year – chuck it! (always check through paperwork though)
- Wash your curtains and other soft furnishings – they will look and feel much fresher…and smell nice too.
- Explore your attic space – it could be time to store excess items (like toys and books that you want to keep but are not being used) in the attic or garage in plastic boxes.
- Buy vacuum-pack bags and pack away your winter wardrobe to make more space for your Summer clothes you will be amazed at how much more room you can make!
- Maybe your home needs a fresh lick of paint? Fired Earth have brought out some lovely colours for Spring which will add ‘umph’ to a tired looking room..or perhaps it needs something more…..
To get serious about Spring Cleaning use this spring cleaning list created by the domestic goddess herself – Martha Stewart, its a great go-to reference.
Once the spring clean is done you can see what you’re left with, does your home need a bit more help? Perhaps a mini makeover? A new look? You’ll be surprised at how effective some new furniture will look (a bit like buying a new dress or getting your hair cut). Here at Danetti, we are always striving to help our customers with their choices to create beautiful homes. One of our favourite interior designers is style guru Kelly Hoppen. Check out her Top Tips for Creating Designer Style At Home. To give you a helping hand and get you in the mood and also to celebrate the arrival of Spring, we are giving away a £250 voucher to spend on Danetti furniture. It’s easy to enter (a lot easier than Spring cleaning!) and it will instantly give your home a new lease of life!
All you have to do is: Like and Share our May Giveaway Facebook post and Like our Danetti Facebook page, that’s it…as simple as that.