Looking for leather dining chairs or just dining chairs to compliment your... Looking for leather dining chairs or just dining chairs to compliment your modern dining table? In our range we have everything from funky bright coloured chairs, through to trendy faux and real leather dining chairs, as well as some lovely solid Washed Oak dining chairs. When you are deciding what chair to choose, consider what will suit you best. Do they need to be durable? Are they going to be used everyday by a busy family? Are they going to be in a dedicated dining room that is used on special occasions? Do you want to add colour? Or maybe choose a style that suits an existing room. Here at Danetti we have got a chair for you available in every colour shape and style imaginable!
Looking for leather dining chairs or just dining chairs to compliment your modern dining table? In our range we have everything from funky bright coloured chairs, through to trendy faux and real leather dining chairs, as well as some lovely solid Washed Oak dining chairs. When you are deciding what chair to choose, consider what will suit you best. Do they need to be durable? Are they going to be used everyday by a busy family? Are they going to be in a dedicated dining room that is used on special occasions? Do you want to add colour? Or maybe choose a style that suits an existing room. Here at Danetti we have got a chair for you available in every colour shape and style imaginable!
Good to Know: Faux leather is a durable, easy to maintain, wipe cleanable product. Made from a synthetic material called polyurethane it can be made in almost any colour pattern or style and will give your dining room designer good looks but with a price tag to suit most budgets.
Real Leather chairs are a luxury buy which are soft to the touch.As no animal hide is ever the same, each piece is completely unique and as such, real leather is an investment purchase you wont regret.
We have some very stylish Plastic chairs too! Plastic is a durable material that is easy to maintain and can add a sense of fun to your room. Whether you want to go for the iconic Eames style chair or perhaps something more colourful and playful we’ve got a good choice at affordable prices too!
Perhaps you are looking for a Wooden chair? We have a good selection of traditional chairs as well as the more quirky retro Senn chair and our stylish colour pop Fern chairs. Which ever ones you decide to buy, you will be pleased with the quality, durability and the easy to maintain finish of all our wooden chairs.
Our Designers Tips: The most comfortable seat height for a dining chair is when there is 26cms to 30 cms between the top of the seat and the top of the dining table. So, if your chair is 46 cms to 51 cms from the floor to the top of the seat, it will fit well under a standard table.
- To judge the quality of an upholstered chair - feel under the seat. If it’s hollow it may not be the best quality.
- A quality hardwood chair frame that has been doweled (small, round wooden pegs, glued and screwed into the timber joints) will last a lifetime.
- For lumbar support, a back height between 30 and 40 cms is ideal.
- Armrests should be 45 to 58 cms above the seat. Need to support forearms without your shoulders being raised.
Did You Know: That the word chair comes from the Greek word ‘kathedra’ which means seat. For many years the chair was a symbol of state and dignity. Even today ‘The Chair’ is used as the emblem of authority in the House of Commons. Most committees, boards of directors and academic departments all have a ‘chairman' and many endowed professorships are referred to as chairs. Before the 16th century people were using benches and stools as the seat of everyday life, so, from it’s humble beginnings as a stool like perch, the chair began to develop, the legs became longer and a back rest was added, the chair was designed in a variety of different materials.
Every period in time had its own distinct chair style, the Egyptians modelled theirs around animals, the Romans decorated theirs with scrolls and the Europeans gilded and inlaid theirs with mother-of-pearl. In Europe, it was during the Renaissance period that the chair ceased to be a privilege of state. It fast became a standard item of furniture for anyone who could afford to buy one. In the 1880s, chairs became more common in American households and usually there was a chair provided for every family member to sit down to dinner. By the 1830s, factory-manufactured “fancy chairs” like those by Sears. Roebuck, and Co. allowed families to purchase machined sets. Since it’s early beginnings, the chair has evolved every few years to reflect the styles and fashions of the day.
In more recent years chairs have benefitted from being fashioned from a variety of different materials, with steel taking the place of wood. This added strength and durability of steel made styles such as cantilever frames possible. We are now familiar with a wide selection of dining chairs made from resin, steel, wood - they still serve the same purpose but the design limits have no boundaries!
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more