Here at Danetti we’re constantly keeping our eye on emerging furniture trends coming from the big European furniture shows and glossy interior design magazines.
We keep these in mind when buying our furniture, always making sure that we can offer you both cutting edge options and simple contemporary classics.
If you need a little inspiration, then these are the top furniture trends which we see coming through strongly during 2010.
1. Sectional and modular sofas
Once upon a time modular, configurable seating was the preserve of commercial premises. But this year it’s proving popular as a great flexible option for cost-conscious home-owners too. Modular sofas are great for people who like to move their furniture around a lot because these items can be easily reconfigured to give a new look. The other advantage of modular seating is that often it can be assembled on a curve or a tight angle, to make the most of your available space.
2. Bright sofas
While neutral sofas will always be popular, we’re seeing the growing popularity of zingy, brightly-coloured sofas, teamed with neutral cushions – a reverse of the old look. It’s certainly a modern look and can look really striking with plain white or even clashing colour walls.
3. Leather upholstery
Still as smart and classy a choice as ever, leather furniture is a purchase that just doesn’t disappoint and keeps its appeal even when it gets old. In particular we’re seeing a rise in the popularity of coloured leather on bar stools, dining chairs and sofas.
4. Grey as the key neutral
Most colour schemes need a neutral shade to tie them down, ground them a bit. This year it seems to be grey that’s the perfect antidote to the bright colours. Chose your shade to complement the tone of your colour scheme – from elephant grey to pewter, there’s one that will look great.
4. Suede or microsuede
In these harsh economic times, we all want a bit of luxury and comfort. That’s what you get from suede or the faux alternative, microsuede. It’s soft, comfortable and sophisticated at the same time. As with leather, bright colours will be dominant.
2. Winged chairs
… or armchairs to you and I. This year, this classic style is hotter than ever. We approve – winged chairs are comfortable and cozy and look elegant at the same time.
5. Media centers
Perhaps because television design is changing, the furniture we use to house our TVs and other media is changing too. The trend is for chic, modern furniture to tidy everything away.
6. Traditional furniture design
Maybe it’s the economy that’s causing this trend – we’re hankering after a little security and buying into traditional, classic design What’s happening is a reinterpretation of the past – traditional with a twist if you like – manufacturers are taking old styles and using modern fabrics and quirky features to bring them up to date.
7. The chaise
We’re seeing a new interpretation of the traditional chaise longue with clean lines and modern fabrics such as leather taking the place of more ornate, fabric-covered versions. They’re great for a home setting – every living room should have one, but they also work well in a commercial space, perhaps in a shop or hotel lounge.
8. Round ended tables
A move away from the hard edges of the traditional table, towards a curvier, more interesting table shape. Materials include glass, wood and laminated plywood.
9. Green fabrics
Maybe to reflect the trend towards eco furnishings, it seems that the colour green has become trendy too. From bold block colours to fun leaf patterns, there’s plenty to choose from.
Perhaps because we’re living more casual lives these days, with informal seating areas in kitchens and kitchen-diners becoming the norm, the popularity of bar stools is on the rise. Opt for quirky, brightly-coloured stools to make this a modern look.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more