Even when we’re watching a film we’re always getting inspiration and ideas.
So we thought, just for fun, that we’d cast our minds back to the best bars we’ve ever seen in films.
Not all of them have great furniture (we’re not sure we’d sit down in half of them) but they are iconic, never the less.
Cocktails & Dreams in Cocktail
It’s the film that symbolised everything good and bad about the 80s – cheesy music, entrepreneurial spirit and the shallowness of success. We loved Cocktails & Dreams and wished we could go there on a Saturday night instead of our own boring local! The furniture wasn’t that remarkable – the neon sign is the thing we all remember.
Rick’s Bar in Casablanca
Much of the classic film Casablanca is set in Rick’s Bar, an elegant colonial-style gin bar with Sam on the piano, white table cloths and twinkling lights. It’s somewhere from a by-gone era, but great for inspiration if you’re setting up a restaurant yourself.
Lost in Translation
When Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson get chatting in the hotel bar in Lost in Translation, it’s the beginning of a beautiful friendship (to borrow a line from Casablanca!). The bar is actually the bar at the top of the Park Hyatt in Tokyo, and it’s a dark modern space with leather bar stools and chairs and dark wood tables.
It’s the bar where the party never ends, the bar staff are some of the most beautiful women you’ll ever see, and the drink is free-flowing. If we owned Coyote Ugly we’d be worried for the furniture frankly – plastic wipe-clean chairs would be the safest bet!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Cool Cocooning: How To Bring Earthy Colours Into Your HomeFrom turning your bedroom into a soothing sanctuary, to creating a living room with soft and earthy colours that’s perfect for escaping to and relaxing, the design concept - cocooning - is all about turning your home into a serene space.Read more
- Neotenic Design: How To Bring This Interior Style Into Your HomeThe list of trends influencing the world of interiors this season is filled with unique styles. Here’s all you need to know about an unusual trend that’s sweeping homes across the globe.Read more
- Maximalist Décor: 5 Things You Need To Bring Maximalism Into Your HomeBold and bright colours, vivid patterns and ample accessories – more is more when it comes to maximalism. In the world of interiors, this trend is all about having fun and playing with those elements that make a space feel like home.Read more
- Dining and Home Office Trends: The Close Up On Our New CollectionFrom glass and brass to velvet and leather, we’ve got a range of new and exciting pieces coming through in our new collection: ‘Timeless Textures’. Our Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna, shares her exclusive products teasers.Read more
- Summer Home Styling Tips: 5x Ways To Transform Your Home This SeasonFrom adding personality to your garden, to turning your bedroom into an airy sleep sanctuary, discover how you can curate a home look that’ll see you through the season but keep you cool and comfortable this summer.Read more