Even when we’re watching a film we’re always getting inspiration and ideas.
So we thought, just for fun, that we’d cast our minds back to the best bars we’ve ever seen in films.
Not all of them have great furniture (we’re not sure we’d sit down in half of them) but they are iconic, never the less.
Cocktails & Dreams in Cocktail
It’s the film that symbolised everything good and bad about the 80s – cheesy music, entrepreneurial spirit and the shallowness of success. We loved Cocktails & Dreams and wished we could go there on a Saturday night instead of our own boring local! The furniture wasn’t that remarkable – the neon sign is the thing we all remember.
Rick’s Bar in Casablanca
Much of the classic film Casablanca is set in Rick’s Bar, an elegant colonial-style gin bar with Sam on the piano, white table cloths and twinkling lights. It’s somewhere from a by-gone era, but great for inspiration if you’re setting up a restaurant yourself.
Lost in Translation
When Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson get chatting in the hotel bar in Lost in Translation, it’s the beginning of a beautiful friendship (to borrow a line from Casablanca!). The bar is actually the bar at the top of the Park Hyatt in Tokyo, and it’s a dark modern space with leather bar stools and chairs and dark wood tables.
It’s the bar where the party never ends, the bar staff are some of the most beautiful women you’ll ever see, and the drink is free-flowing. If we owned Coyote Ugly we’d be worried for the furniture frankly – plastic wipe-clean chairs would be the safest bet!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more