Even when we’re watching a film we’re always getting inspiration and ideas.
So we thought, just for fun, that we’d cast our minds back to the best bars we’ve ever seen in films.
Not all of them have great furniture (we’re not sure we’d sit down in half of them) but they are iconic, never the less.
Cocktails & Dreams in Cocktail
It’s the film that symbolised everything good and bad about the 80s – cheesy music, entrepreneurial spirit and the shallowness of success. We loved Cocktails & Dreams and wished we could go there on a Saturday night instead of our own boring local! The furniture wasn’t that remarkable – the neon sign is the thing we all remember.
Rick’s Bar in Casablanca
Much of the classic film Casablanca is set in Rick’s Bar, an elegant colonial-style gin bar with Sam on the piano, white table cloths and twinkling lights. It’s somewhere from a by-gone era, but great for inspiration if you’re setting up a restaurant yourself.
Lost in Translation
When Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson get chatting in the hotel bar in Lost in Translation, it’s the beginning of a beautiful friendship (to borrow a line from Casablanca!). The bar is actually the bar at the top of the Park Hyatt in Tokyo, and it’s a dark modern space with leather bar stools and chairs and dark wood tables.
It’s the bar where the party never ends, the bar staff are some of the most beautiful women you’ll ever see, and the drink is free-flowing. If we owned Coyote Ugly we’d be worried for the furniture frankly – plastic wipe-clean chairs would be the safest bet!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more