Surprise your friends this Halloween by creating a sophisticated Haunted House Party. Forget about tacky cobwebs, bats, pumpkins and skeletons. Instead, choose black lilies, blush roses, and dripping candles for your Halloween decor. This year we’ve created a Gothic Glamor Halloween in just 5 simple sets. Take a look and re-create this spook-tacular look yourself!
Step 1: Halloween Flowers
Although fresh flowers are not the common choice for Halloween, that doesn’t mean they can’t be used to create a spooky setting. Choose faded, antique colours with a splash of greenery.
For our shoot, we went for faded pink roses, black lilies and purple tracellium for an eclectic mix which doesn’t feel too “done”. The dramatic silhouette of the lilies and greenery create that hard edge. All the while the softness of the roses and filler flowers give the antiqued look.
Step 2: Candles
No Haunted House is complete without an abundance of pillar candles. Turn the lights down low and let the gentle flicker of candlelight provide the spooky, atmosphere. By choosing black candles, you instantly create a gothic look. Pair with antique candelabras and a splash of gold, to avoid thing feeling too dark.
Step 3: Pumpkins
Ok, so I know we said no pumpkins, but once you’ve painted various shapes and sizes in a subtle colour palette, they’re the perfect accessory for your Haunted House party. We’ve chosen pale pinks, light greys and dark greys to compliment the rest of our scheme. Scatter your pumpkins around your floral displays and candles to balance the colour and add a new shape into the equation.
Step 4: Cut Roses
No Gothic Glamour look is complete without roses. Choose deep reds or, like us, super dark grey for your Halloween decor. Chop the heads off and arrange individually and in small groups around your pumpkins and candles.
Or, if you’re planning with plenty of time, why not dry out your roses first by tying them upside down out of direct sunlight for a couple of weeks. These dried petals and stems will bring an element of decay to your Haunted House Party to solidify the Halloween vibe.
Step 5: Velvet and Brass
Finally, to bring you Halloween look all together, add the glamour. Velvet and Brass are the perfect combination for a luxe look, so by adding Brass and Velvet furniture into your setting will bring the whole look together. Our Form Velvet Armchairs were selected for our Halloween shoot for this exact reason.
The smooth sheen of the velvet against the hardness of the brass perfectly reflects the candlelight, creating a spooky vibe for all to enjoy. Our pale roses and candles pick up the blush pink velvet of the seat, while our gold antique candelabras balance the brass base. The final flourish to bring this look all together.
Whatever your plans, and however you choose to decorate, we hope you have a fantastic Halloween. Just remember- if you’re welcome to trick or treaters, be sure to pop a pumpkin outside the front of your house. This signals to your fellow ghosts and ghouls that you’re happy to participate in trick or treating!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more