Haunted House Party | Create a Sophisticated Spooky Style for your Halloween Party
Surprise your friends this Halloween by creating a sophisticated Haunted House Party. Forget about tacky cobwebs, bats, pumpkins and skeletons. Instead, choose black lilies, blush roses, and dripping candles for your Halloween decor. This year we’ve created a Gothic Glamor Halloween in just 5 simple sets. Take a look and re-create this spook-tacular look yourself!
Step 1: Halloween Flowers
Although fresh flowers are not the common choice for Halloween, that doesn’t mean they can’t be used to create a spooky setting. Choose faded, antique colours with a splash of greenery.
For our shoot, we went for faded pink roses, black lilies and purple tracellium for an eclectic mix which doesn’t feel too “done”. The dramatic silhouette of the lilies and greenery create that hard edge. All the while the softness of the roses and filler flowers give the antiqued look.
Step 2: Candles
No Haunted House is complete without an abundance of pillar candles. Turn the lights down low and let the gentle flicker of candlelight provide the spooky, atmosphere. By choosing black candles, you instantly create a gothic look. Pair with antique candelabras and a splash of gold, to avoid thing feeling too dark.
Step 3: Pumpkins
Ok, so I know we said no pumpkins, but once you’ve painted various shapes and sizes in a subtle colour palette, they’re the perfect accessory for your Haunted House party. We’ve chosen pale pinks, light greys and dark greys to compliment the rest of our scheme. Scatter your pumpkins around your floral displays and candles to balance the colour and add a new shape into the equation.
Step 4: Cut Roses
No Gothic Glamour look is complete without roses. Choose deep reds or, like us, super dark grey for your Halloween decor. Chop the heads off and arrange individually and in small groups around your pumpkins and candles.
Or, if you’re planning with plenty of time, why not dry out your roses first by tying them upside down out of direct sunlight for a couple of weeks. These dried petals and stems will bring an element of decay to your Haunted House Party to solidify the Halloween vibe.
Step 5: Velvet and Brass
Finally, to bring you Halloween look all together, add the glamour. Velvet and Brass are the perfect combination for a luxe look, so by adding Brass and Velvet furniture into your setting will bring the whole look together. Our Form Velvet Armchairs were selected for our Halloween shoot for this exact reason.
The smooth sheen of the velvet against the hardness of the brass perfectly reflects the candlelight, creating a spooky vibe for all to enjoy. Our pale roses and candles pick up the blush pink velvet of the seat, while our gold antique candelabras balance the brass base. The final flourish to bring this look all together.
Whatever your plans, and however you choose to decorate, we hope you have a fantastic Halloween. Just remember- if you’re welcome to trick or treaters, be sure to pop a pumpkin outside the front of your house. This signals to your fellow ghosts and ghouls that you’re happy to participate in trick or treating!
Are you going to spookify your Danetti wares? Don’t forget to tag us and show off your Halloween style with #mydanetti on Facebook and Instagram… Don’t forget to creep it real!
Published Date: November 2018
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- 4 Things You Must Know About Leathers SofasOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick leather sofa of your dreams.Read more
- 5 Things You Must Know About Fabric SofasAre you wondering what the benefits of a fabric sofa are? Our expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick the fabric sofa of your dreams.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more