Ever wondered how to create a retro style to suit your modern home?
Modern retro style provides a nostalgic flavour of by-gone times, usually from the 1950s, 60s, 70s or even the 1980s. You can create a retro look for your home by choosing a particular period and re-creating a room from that era, or alternatively, choose a few retro items of furniture to go into a modern room to create eye-catching signature pieces.
Here are a few of our favourite modern retro pieces from the Danetti furniture range.
Lota Trendy Round Dining Table
The Lota Trendy Round Dining Table is an eye-catching retro style dining table which will seat four people. The stylish round table top is available in either a rich dark Wenge finish or White High Gloss Lacquer finish.
The table top is supported by four trendy tapered legs finished in shiny chrome. This would look gorgeous in a modern kitchen-diner teamed up with some curvy retro dining chairs.
If you are looking for a comfortable retro plastic chair then look no further than the Zola Curvy Plastic Coloured Chair. Made from hardwearing polypropylene and available in a whole range of fashionable colours – white, red, orange, black and charcoal grey. The Zola has sturdy chrome legs, making it ideal for modern homes and commercial environments alike and in addition, if you need a space-saving retro chair, the funky Zola is stackable.
To get that retro but stylish look for your breakfast bar, try the Elario Bar Stool. The Elario Bar Stool consists of a chromed steel tube frame and an upholstered seat with an attractive chromed band.
Available in several options including faux or real leather, the round shape and vibrant colours combined with the chromed steel legs make the design of the Elario Bar Stool reminiscent of a 1960’s American Diner.
The elegant rounded shape of the backrest makes the modern Curva Gas Lift Bar Stool a retro eye-catching addition to our new exclusive range. If you are looking for style, comfort and quality at a great price, then the Curva Gas Lift Bar Stool is just right for you!
This retro yet elegant bar stool is the epitome of style and sophistication and is well upholstered in comfortable padding and soft, tactile Black faux leather. The chrome pedestal with a modern flat round base and funky footrest, has a gas lift mechanism to make the stool fully adjustable.
If you want to add an iconic piece of furniture to your living room then make a statement with the Bubble Tub Chair. With its smooth curved seat on top of a shiny chrome or satin trumpet base, the Bubble is all smooth curves which makes it pleasing to the eye. And with its deep cushioned seat, back and arms it is just as pleasing for the user, who will love this comfy retro chair.
The Bubble Tub Chair is designed and manufactured in Italy from high quality materials and built to a high specification. It is available in a range of colours in real leather or in Black faux leather.
The Petra TV Stand is a modern piece of furniture in a retro style. The funky chrome base supports a smooth white lozenge shaped unit with a grey tempered glass shelf in the middle providing extra storage space. The Petra is very versatile and has many uses making it suitable for any room in your home or office.
There’s a beautiful simplicity of design in the retro style Flicker White Gloss Coffee Table. The seamless curved shape makes it a real statement piece, and the white high gloss finish makes us think it wouldn’t look out of place in an art gallery.
The top surface of this retro coffee table can be used for display, whilst the base can store magazines or objects you want to show off, such as coffee table books or your goldfish tank! However you style it, the Flicker is certainly a stunning object to own and you can complete your new retro look with a matching Flicker Lamp Table!
Kick back and relax on the elegant and stylish retro Red Leather Lounge Swivel Chair and Footrest, the ultimate in refined luxury and style. Made from soft, buttery red leather on a stylish chrome swivel base – perfect for chilling out or snuggling up in front of an open fire.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more