Ever wondered how to create a retro style to suit your modern home?
Modern retro style provides a nostalgic flavour of by-gone times, usually from the 1950s, 60s, 70s or even the 1980s. You can create a retro look for your home by choosing a particular period and re-creating a room from that era, or alternatively, choose a few retro items of furniture to go into a modern room to create eye-catching signature pieces.
The table top is supported by four trendy tapered legs finished in shiny chrome. This would look gorgeous in a modern kitchen-diner teamed up with some curvy retro dining chairs.
Zola Curvy Plastic Coloured Chair. Made from hardwearing polypropylene and available in a whole range of fashionable colours – white, red, orange, black and charcoal grey. The Zola has sturdy chrome legs, making it ideal for modern homes and commercial environments alike and in addition, if you need a space-saving retro chair, the funky Zola is stackable.
To get that retro but stylish look for your breakfast bar, try the Elario Bar Stool. The Elario Bar Stool consists of a chromed steel tube frame and an upholstered seat with an attractive chromed band.
Available in several options including faux or real leather, the round shape and vibrant colours combined with the chromed steel legs make the design of the Elario Bar Stool reminiscent of a 1960’s American Diner.
The elegant rounded shape of the backrest makes the modern Curva Gas Lift Bar Stool a retro eye-catching addition to our new exclusive range. If you are looking for style, comfort and quality at a great price, then the Curva Gas Lift Bar Stool is just right for you!
This retro yet elegant bar stool is the epitome of style and sophistication and is well upholstered in comfortable padding and soft, tactile Black faux leather. The chrome pedestal with a modern flat round base and funky footrest, has a gas lift mechanism to make the stool fully adjustable.
Bubble Tub Chair. With its smooth curved seat on top of a shiny chrome or satin trumpet base, the Bubble is all smooth curves which makes it pleasing to the eye. And with its deep cushioned seat, back and arms it is just as pleasing for the user, who will love this comfy retro chair.
The Bubble Tub Chair is designed and manufactured in Italy from high quality materials and built to a high specification. It is available in a range of colours in real leather or in Black faux leather.
The Petra TV Stand is a modern piece of furniture in a retro style. The funky chrome base supports a smooth white lozenge shaped unit with a grey tempered glass shelf in the middle providing extra storage space. The Petra is very versatile and has many uses making it suitable for any room in your home or office.
There’s a beautiful simplicity of design in the retro style Flicker White Gloss Coffee Table. The seamless curved shape makes it a real statement piece, and the white high gloss finish makes us think it wouldn’t look out of place in an art gallery.
The top surface of this retro coffee table can be used for display, whilst the base can store magazines or objects you want to show off, such as coffee table books or your goldfish tank! However you style it, the Flicker is certainly a stunning object to own and you can complete your new retro look with a matching Flicker Lamp Table!
Kick back and relax on the elegant and stylish retro Red Leather Lounge Swivel Chair and Footrest, the ultimate in refined luxury and style. Made from soft, buttery red leather on a stylish chrome swivel base – perfect for chilling out or snuggling up in front of an open fire.
Published Date: November 2011
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more
- How Colours Affect Your Mood And InteriorHave you ever wondered why we make certain decisions based on colour? Colour is a key player when it comes to interior design as your chosen colour scheme sets the mood for your space. Take a look at some of our top palette picks for your home makeover.Read more