Colour is the result of the light spectrum, and the different wavelengths that are reflected and absorbed by an object. When light hits an entity some wavelengths are absorbed and some are reflected, our perception of the object’s colour come from the wavelengths that are reflected. This information is initially received by receptors in the retina of the human eye and then translated by the brain, to create the various different colours that we as humans can recognise.
An understanding of colour is very important when it comes to anything creative, interior design is no exception. Understanding the theory behind which colours will work and which won’t, can often make or break a room. Colour should always be a thoughtful addition to any the room, because not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it is powerful enough to influence the emotions of those surrounded by it.
We have put together a variety of informative pages that should help to increase understanding of this subject and hopefully aid you in developing your interior design ideas.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more