Reflective MetallicsHigh shine metallics are common finishes in our homes and are great for adding a touch of class. Chrome is particularly popular due to its highly mirrored finish. You can use a chrome finish on pretty much everything from furniture and door handles to taps and drawer pulls.
Tiva 4-6 Seater Dining Table with Stylo Dining Chairs- all with Chrome Details
Why Choose Chrome FurnitureChrome furniture adds a level of shine no other metallic can give you and can be found on designs dating back to the early 1920s. This is because the high shine surface exudes luxury and is suited to all home decor styles, especially modern interiors. What's more, you can mix chrome with a variety of other finishes to create different styles;
- Chrome + Brass = On-trend, versatile homes with lots of personality and style. Mixing Chrome and Brass will create an appealing juxtaposition of metals. Team with pops of jewel colours for a rich, opulent feel.
- Chrome + Wood = Cosy, yet modern family home. Clashing mirrored finishes with natural textures adds effortless style to your home. Rough and smooth finishes work great together as they help to balance each other out creating a perfect harmonious interior.
- Chrome + Marble = Luxurious, cool interiors. Marble will always add a luxe touch, but when paired with chrome you create a sleek, modern home. Stick to a monochrome colour palette for extra style points.
Chrome Pros and Cons
- Highly Reflective
- Modern Style
- Timeless Design
- Can scratch easily
- Scratches cannot be buffed out
- Shows fingerprints and dust quicker than Stainless Steel
- Requires regular maintenance
Tiva Chrome Console Table. Style against a dark wall for dramatic impactAlthough Chrome Furniture can scratch if not properly cared for, day to day maintenance could not be easier. Simply wipe down with a dry microfibre cloth daily to keep dust at bay. For any fingerprints or dirty marks, a window cleaner works wonders! This is down to the vinegar in window cleaners which cuts through the grease to leave a lust-worth shine.
Black ChromeBlack Chrome is created much like classic chrome. However, instead of being treated metal dipped in a highly reflective finishing layer, it's dipped into essentially the same layer, just with a black tint! If you want to find out more about black chrome, in particular, take a look at this blog post here.
Brushed MetallicsRecently we've seen a huge influx of brushed metallics in the interiors industry, with new Brushed Brass finishes leading the way. Brushed metals are super hardwearing and perfect for busy family life, all the while remaining stylish and eye-catching.
Why Choose Stainless Steel FurnitureMuch like chrome, stainless steel is a highly sought after finish to use in our homes due to its durability. Most commonly found in our kitchens, stainless steel is the perfect material for our sinks, hobs and fridges. This is because the brushed nature of the metal is great at disguising those unsightly scratches which are bound to occur in our busy kitchens.
Stainless Steel Pros and Cons
- Highly Durable
- Soft Matt Finish
- Low Maintenance
- Can show up fingerprints, but these are easily removed with window cleaner
- Can be a slightly more expensive option
- Not as reflective