With the world of interiors flooded with Velvet Furniture, it's highly likely you too own a piece of this iconic furnishing fabric. But How do you style velvet furniture in a modern home? And what do you do if, heaven forbid, you spill a drink? We cover style, care and general know-how on Velvet furniture so you can keep your favourite furniture looking fresh and new for longer...
Mellow Velvet Bed in Ochre
Velvet Furniture Styling
New for 2018 is our range of velvet furniture. Available in everything from Stools
to Dining Chairs
, Bar Stools
, you're bound to find that one statement piece to step up your interior style game.
However, if you want to introduce a splash of velvet to your home but don't know where to start, fear not. Our Interior Stylist brings you her top tips on kitting out your home with a velvet flash. From maximalist to minimalist, there's a style solution for any home.
If you love velvet furniture but aren't quite ready to make a full style statement, start off by introducing just a touch of velvet into your home interior.
Plaza Stool in Blush Pink Velvet
Start off by introducing velvet into smaller pieces of furniture such as footstools or dining chairs. Our Plaza Velvet Stool is a great place to start. Available in 4 different colours and at just £99, you're sure to find the perfect match for your home. The metallic base also adds a touch of luxury, instantly bringing your home interior to a new level.
Velvet Dining Chairs
If you're looking to make more of a style statement but want to keep the cost down, think about updating your kitchen with Velvet Dining Chairs. They will bring an instant look to interior design to your home, without the cost or effort! Take a look at our new Velvet Dining Chairs...
Bay Velvet Dining Chair, Available in Teal and Petrol Grey Velvet with Stainless Steel Leg
Form Velvet Dining Chair. Available in Teal and Blush Velvet with Brushed Brass Base, and Silver Grey Velvet with Stainless Steel Base.
Harper Velvet Dining Chair. Available in Smoke Grey and Shell Velvet with Chrome Legs
Form Velvet Dining Armchair. Available in Teal and Blush Velvet with Brushed Brass Base, and Silver Grey Velvet with Stainless Steel Base.
Choosing a dining set with all velvet chairs is going to look beautiful, regardless of what is going on with the rest of the space. That said, if you want to mix things up a bit, why not mix and match your new Velvet Dining chairs with a Velvet Bench?
Mix and match the Bay Petrol Grey Dining Chairs + Mellow Petrol Grey Velvet Dining Bench. Add the Sanza Velvet Dining Table in Grey Gloss for a coordinated and modern look.
If you have an Extending Dining Set but not a huge amount of space to store extra chairs, think about pairing the Form Velvet Dining Chairs with the Plaza Stools! When not needed around the table, your stools make the perfect footrest. What's more, add a cool metallic tray to the top of your Plaza stool and you've got a handy little side table.
Form Velvet Dining Chair in Blush Pink
Plaza Velvet Stool in Blush Pink
This look also works wonders with our Mellow Velvet Dining Benches.
Sanza and Velvet Mellow Dining Set with Plaza Stools
Velvet Care and Cleaning
When you buy furniture, you want it to last, be low maintenance and look as good as the day you bought it years later. Some people hear the words "velvet furniture" and want to run to the hills for fear of marking it or creating a bald patch. But, we are here to help guide you through velvet furniture care and ensure your new favourite piece lasts as long as you love it.
If you do have an accidental spillage, the key is to act fast. Take these steps and your velvet furniture will be good as new in no time.
- Use a super absorbent cloth to soak up the spill before it sinks past the top layer of fabric.
- Dampen a clean, white cloth in a solution of warm water and a drop of washing up liquid.
- Dab the affected area gently to remove any marks. If necessary, rub gently in the direction of the velvet.
- Avoid getting your velvet furniture too wet. It's a good idea to take a hair dryer and very gently, on a cool setting, dry the velvet. Stroke gently with your hand to ensure the velvet does not dry in the wrong direction.
Our velvets are rub tested to 40,000 rubs, so you know the velvet is up to daily use. That said, be mindful of dyed clothing as the dye can transfer, and once this has happened, it's very hard to remove.
Cleaning Velvet furniture can be tricky. For quick spot cleaning, the above method works wonders, however, should you come across any deeper set stains, it's a good idea to contact the professionals. Velvet is a delicate fabric so hard cleaning may affect the pile. Call in the pros for a deeper clean.
If you're feeling brave, why not team your new velvet dining chairs with complimentary Velvet Bar Stools? We have the new Form Velvet Bar Stools, available with and without backrests to showcase your Form dining chairs.
Form Velvet Bar Stools
Form Velvet Bar Stool with Backrest
Velvet Dining Benches
You may have already guessed by now, but we have a beautiful range of Velvet Dining Benches. Our best selling Mellow Dining Benches now come in Sapphire, Petrol Blue and Blush Pink velvets to add a touch of glam to your dining set. Mix and match with your other velvet furniture, or stick to just your benches for a real style statement.
If you're a regular visitor to the Danetti Lifestyle blog, you may already be familiar with our new Velvet Beds. If not, take a look at our newest range. For bedroom specific styling tips, don't miss out on our previous blog post
which is full of tips and secrets for styling your new velvet furniture.
Amalfi Velvet Bed in Peacock Velvet
Made up of Double, King and Superking, with or without snazzy storage solutions. Take a look at just a few we have to offer, but be sure to check out the rest of the range here
Rene Bed in Midnight Velvet
Turin Bed in Feather Grey Velvet
Paolo Bed in Shadow Grey Velvet
Mellow Bed in Ochre Velvet
Velvet Styling Tips
Now you're thoroughly convinced that velvet furniture is the one for you, it's time to think about styling! Take inspiration from these styling tips to create your dream interior.
- Velvet and Metallic finishes work wonders together. The juxtaposition of soft velvet and hard metals creates a stylish look which is super easy to achieve (especially in the kitchen!)
- Velvets tend to come in highly pigmented colours, meaning you can have fun with your soft furnishings.
- Plush pinks look great with jewel greens and rich greys.
- Teal Velvets work perfectly with bold oranges and ochres. Colour clash all the way to a beautifully styled interior.
- Lighting will change the look of your velvet. Bright daylight with really show off the sheen on the fabric, where moody, lamp-lit rooms will make the colour appear deeper and richer. Think about this when position your new furniture to achieve the perfect look.
- Mix and match textures. Where velvet has a matt appearance with a slight soft sheen, pair with various different textures to get an individual look. High gloss furniture to natural woods looks great as they are the polar opposite to velvet.
- If you choose velvet furniture, go all out and choose bright colours. This will create a true style statement with minimal effort.
Show us your Style
Have you bought new Danetti velvet furniture? Show us on Facebook
by tagging #mydanetti in your pictures! Tell us what you think of our new Velvet range, and keep your eyes peeled for new velvet products coming soon!